Thursday, December 2, 2010

Papercrane Funfetti Cupcakes! (How To)

This afternoon I baked these delicious and pretty little cupcakes for my January article, and you guys get a sneak peek of the article!


Aren't they just the prettiestest thing in the whole widee woorld? *___*

Okay! here's how you do it!
(adapted from BakingBites.com)

What you'll need:
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp almond extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 6 tbsp butter, soft
  • 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
 Preheat oven to 350F.

Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.



 In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg whites, and extracts. Set aside.






 In a large bowl, combine Sugar, Flour, Salt, and baking powder. Stir to Combine. With a hand held mixer on low, (or just by using your hands) Cut in butter and mix until the mixture is coarse and sandy.






Mix in Milk mixture and beat at medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes. Scrape sides of bowl and continue beating for 20-30 seconds.


 Stir in Sprinkles.



Divide batter evenly into prepared tin. Bake for for 15 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.





Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
Makes 12.

Now for the Marshmallow frosting:

  • 1 cup sugar (or less if you don't like it being too sweet.)
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whisk sugar, egg whites, 1/3 cup water, light corn syrup, and cream of tartar in large metal bowl to blend. Set bowl over saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch simmering water). Using handheld electric mixer, beat on medium speed until mixture resembles soft marshmallow fluff, about 4 minutes or more. (I had a really hard time with this part, its very tiring! But super worth it!)


Increase mixer speed to high and beat until mixture is very thick, about 3 minutes longer. Remove bowl from over simmering water. Add vanilla extract and continue beating until marshmallow frosting is completely cool, about 5 minutes longer. Add a couple of drops of food colouring if you'd like to spice it up a bit!


When cool, frost or pipe on cupcakes and add more sprinkles, if desired.




FINISHED PRODUCT:

 
Those little paper cups were just cut up pieces of paper that I wrapped around the cupcake and taped together. Although you don't need to do that! 

And yes, I did put paper cranes on the cupcake just like the photo I posted last week. I was so in love with the idea, I had to do it!

And you'll never guess what's behind that blue paper in the background. O_O........ A TURTLE BOWL WITH A TURTLE THAT I'VE FORGOTTEN WE HAD. O: (but the maids have been taking care of him lol)

It was a gift to my little sister by one of her friends. I never really cared so much but I was so shocked that I screamed out "WE HAVE A TURTLE??" 
I was shooting outside you see for better lighting! :D

Well anyway, I hope you enjoy baking Funfetti Cupcakes as much as I did! 



HEEY YOO LOOK Random photos!

I made this catching fire bookmark. Its not as good as my Hunger Games bookmark though!


This here is chowder! I don't think I've posted a photo of him here before. So there you go! :)

I got my hands on some pretty sprinkles (the ones I used on the cupcakes and some others) and a tub of MOLASSES!!!!!!!! I CAN FINALLY BAKE GINGERBREAD COOKIES THIS CHRISTMAS! <3 *happy dance*



ANNNNND....


DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!!!

HEY WOW LOOK OMNOMNOMNOM!~



Happy Thursday!

P.S. Thank you to all my siblings (and I do mean all of them) who took the photos whilst I was baking! Couldn't have done it with out ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment