Saturday, December 4, 2010

Colourful Cupcakes (how to)


 Today I baked colourful cupcakes and I'm going to show you how I did it! I had a little help from TheDaintySquid's blog post about colourful cupcakes. Now, I don't know what happened but this batch of cupcakes turned out really weird tasting. It tasted like this Filipino pastry we have here, its called Puto and its a sort of Filipino Cupcake. It would've been great, if I was making Puto, but I wasn't! I have GOT to work on my cake skills. Its weird cause the funfetti cupcakes turned out great! Well, I did double this batch.. Maybe that was the problem? I don't know.

Anyway, for the recipe just get your ordinary box of cake mix and use those instead. After mixing the batter up, separate them in 4 bowls or more if you're using more colours. I'm using Red, Blue, Green, and Violet. Just add 4-5 drops depending on how dark you want the colour to be.




After you've mixed the food colouring into the batter, line your cupcake tin with paper liner and slowly layer in each of the colours into the paper liner like so:




Bake for 15-20 mins at 350F depending on how much batter you put in. Since I put a lot in, it was 20 mins for me. But just keep checking with a tester to be sure. If it comes out clean, then its ready to be taken out.






And there you go! :)






Aren't they pretty? :)


Doggie Photos cause that spam wasn't enough. Ha!

Clammy with her cute little dress~






Making a hat for my friend HuiXian :) 


DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!!!


KIIIITTYYYY


Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment