Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bagoong Republic


I usually always tag along when my Dad goes out to eat with his staff. This time, he took his staff to eat at Bagoong Republic. Let me just say that their food is.. Amazing.




They start you off with a platter of various Bagoong (Shrimp Paste) on a plate. And give you some Singkamas (Jicama/Mexican Turnip) which you then dip into the paste as an appetizer.  (photo above)

I particularly loved their Pesto Bagoong, something i'd readily slather on some spaghetti noodles.

One dish they, and I would recommend you ordering is their Kare-Kare. And no, its not just some ordinary Kare-Kare that you see on this photo right here. This Kare-Kare is the most amazing Kare-Kare I've eaten my entire life. Its creamy, thick, and lusciously divine. The best part, is that instead of the usual meat that they use for mediocre Kare-Kare's, they instead, add Crispy Pata to this delectable dish. Which gives this dish the ultimate title of : Super Kare-Kare. (for me it is)


Their Kaldereta is another thing you shouldn't miss. 

Another dish you should try there is their Deep Fried Bangus (I forgot the exact name for it) but its basically Bangus that has been fried in superbly hot oil, and cooked to perfection. Its so perfect, that you can eat everything. Bones and all. The Mango sauce thing in the middle is just an added plus. 

I was hoping to post a lot of photos for this post, but I was too busy eating to take photos of everything!

After Bagoong republic, we went to Moa to chill at Cafe France.


We stayed there for hours. I got bored so I made this gif.


Bagoong Republic is located at: Sct. Lazcano St., Tomas Morato, Quezon City , Tomas Morato

No comments:

Post a Comment