Monday, February 14, 2011

Wilton Workshop Class Introduction (Event)

So I mentioned in the last post that I went to this Wilton Event at Gourdo's in The Fort. They gave us examples of their new method courses in Wilton. Such as Decorating Basics, Flowers and Cake designs, Gum Paste and Fondant.. etc. I was absolutely nervous since it was a Press release event. Cook chose me to be their representative there. And I have to write about the event later. *procrastinating. sigh*

Here are some of the shots I took. Desperately edited since the lighting sucked.








This is Sandra Folsom. She came from Chicago for the event. She's the director of Wilton School of Cake Decorating and Confectionery Art, Chicago. 

This is Booboo Maramba. She taught us how to properly decorate sugar cookies. She's considered as Davao's most renowned cake decorator.

Press kit. Includes: Recipes, CD Press kit, Info, and Brochure



This is Albert Chiu. He taught us how to decorate brownies and how to use a few tools from Wilton. He's a baking and cooking instructor for Monster Kitchen in Cagayan de Oro City.

This is Peachy Juban. She taught us how to handle and use fondant. She is a chef-instructor at De La Salle-College of St. Benilde at the moment. She's very fun to learn from. Very bubbly.



Sandra Folsom teaching us how to make Brownie pops (also known as cake pops. Wilton made it easier by making a silicon cake mold. As opposed to mixing smushed cake and icing together and rolling them into balls. Lol)

She also taught us how make flowers out of icing.


She's really good.

This is Jackie Ang-Po.  She is a pastry chef/owner of Fleur de Lys patisserie, a famous cafe/pastry shop on the Morato strip. She basically just told us how to ice cupcakes. Her cupcakes are heavenly. 


In the line for icing a cupcake :>

Srsly the best cupcake ever. It was fluffy and nice and oh so yummy with cream cheese icing, strawberries and caramel syrup. =P~


Anyway, all of the people there are press. This one girl I was sitting next to worked for Chalk magazine. She was nice. They were all so professional and everyone knew everyone since the "Food Magazine scene" in the Philippines isn't that big of a crowd. So everyone was talking to each other except for me. I was so scared! Everyone was all like "Hi!"-- "Working magazine?" and the other person would say the magazine they're working for and be all like "Oh *yada yada* Here's my card." I kind of froze because by that time I've accepted 2 cards and I hadn't given any out yet. I DON'T HAVE A FREAKING CARD!!!!! I felt so unprofessional. In my mind I was going bezerk thinking they think I suck and that I'm a child!! 

Well anyway. It was my first time so it was definitely awkward. Awkward enough to fake text and get on with the whole thing without talking to anyone, except for when this one time that someone talked to me out of pity. I probably looked like a lost kangaroo in a swimming match or something. Ahh! Embarrassing. Next time I go to these events I'll try to make a friend so I won't be lost and awkward. 

Whatever. Its all over.

Oh hey look a kitty.


Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment